Motherhood can be really challenging for most women. However, this does not have to be the case for you. In various parts of the world, moms agree that the right words are always important in motherhood. If you’re looking for strong words of encouragement to guide you through the period of pregnancy and motherhood, you’ll find 20 strong and reliable mom quotes in this really important article.
Most new moms (and even the experienced ones) agree that it is important to stay emotionally and physically strong. Nevertheless, this is not always as easy as it sounds.
The fact is: We all need help.
Want to know the best part?
All the help you need is here. As you read this article and save these quotes, remember to share them with your family, friends, and other moms on this beautiful journey.
Strong Mom Quotes
1. “I Am A Strong Woman, I Will Be A Great Mother”- Dr. Ijeoma Idaresit
Of course, the first on our list has to be one from home. This beautiful affirmation was coined by our Founder, Dr. Ijeoma Idaresit.
In motherhood, self-belief is very important. Daily, it helps to remind yourself of how strong and capable you are for the journey ahead.
2. “Motherhood: All Love Begins and Ends There” – Robert Browning
This short but factual quote serves to remind you about where you are in motherhood: A place of love.
You are loved, Mama. Always.
What’s important is to receive this love; from your partner, friends, family, and of course, Edie & Amy.
3. “Life Doesn’t Come With A Manual, It Comes With A Mother”
At all times on this journey, it helps to always remind yourself that you’re a fountain of life. Nature has prepared you for this journey and the best thing you can do is choose to embrace it.
4. “There Is No Way To Be The Perfect Mother But A Million Ways To Be A Good One” – Jill Churchill
Here’s the deal:
You do not have to be the perfect mother.
Take it easy, ask for and receive help from your partner, family, and friends. In addition, it is helpful to remember that you don’t have to get everything right all the time. Mistakes are fine as long as you learn from them.
5. “Here’s To Strong Women. May We Know Them, May We Be Them. May We Raise Them.”
Want to know the best part?
You are a strong woman. For you to have come this far, you’re strong enough to face what is to come and help your child lead a strong and healthy life.
6. “I Will Think Kind Thoughts And Say Kind Words To Myself” – Dr Ijeoma Idaresit
Your thoughts matter too.
In fact, good thoughts are crucial to a mother’s well-being. This strong mom quote from Dr Ijeoma Idaresit serves to remind you of how important it is to think kind thoughts of yourself and your baby.
7. “Part Of Taking Care Of Your Baby Is Taking Care Of Yourself”
The next quote on our strong mom list is one that deals with the super important concept of ‘self-care’. As a mom, it is essential to look out for yourself too. Remember to eat healthy, take naps, and do fun things that you actually enjoy.
8. “Birth Is the Epicenter of Women’s Power” – Ani DiFranco
With this quote, Ani DiFranco reminds us that all moms are superheroes. As you move through this new phase of motherhood, it helps to think of yourself as powerful enough to handle every hurdle, challenge, or change.
9. “Being A Mother Has Been The Most Challenging And The Most Rewarding Position I Will Ever Hold” – Cathy Shaffer
Yes, the challenges are many.
However, the good news is: It doesn’t end there.
With time, you’d begin to see and experience the many beautiful rewards of motherhood as your little one develops.
10. “Strong Women Don’t Have Attitudes. They Have Standards”
As you continue on this life-long journey of motherhood, it helps to make reasonable plans and set achievable goals for yourself.
You can do this by drawing up a daily schedule that covers everything you hope to accomplish that day.
11. “The Noblest work in this life is that of a mother”
Sometimes, it helps to consider motherhood as a higher calling.
Mama, you’ve been chosen to give life, to usher your little one(s) into this world with all the care and love you can offer. Embracing this fact would strengthen you and remind you that you’re capable even when you do not feel up to it.
12. “The Fastest Way To Break The Cycle Of Perfectionism And Become A Fearless Mom Is To Give Up The Idea of Perfection- Indeed To Embrace Uncertainty And Imperfection” – Arianna Huffington.
As we mentioned earlier in this article, there is no perfect way to be a mom. This quote from Arianna Huffington reminds us of that fact.
Most times, the journey of motherhood is full of uncertainty, questions, and imperfections. Rather than running from them, it is better to embrace them, learn, and get better every day.
13. “Being A Mother Is Learning About Strengths You Didn’t Know You Had, And Dealing With Fears You Didn’t Know Existed” – Linda Wooten.
The motherhood learning curve is unending.
Most strong moms know (and agree) that most of the experience is gotten on the job. As a mom, prepare to get stronger with every passing day as you deal with your fears and worries.
14. “We Either Make Ourselves Miserable Or We Make Ourselves Strong. The Amount Of Work Is The Same”
Here’s the deal:
The choice is yours. Every single time.
This quote reminds you of this crucial fact. In motherhood, the amount of the work is the same. However, the choice of how to approach it depends on you. If you face this journey with a positive mindset, everything would work out fine.
15. “Sometimes, The Strength Of Motherhood Is Greater Than Natural Laws” – Barbara Kingsolver
As you’re sure to realize in the near future, you’re stronger than you can imagine. This quote serves to highlight that fact. In fact, you may find out that you’re capable of doing (and being) much more than you ever thought possible.
16. “Birth Takes A Woman’s Deepest Fear About Herself And Shows Her That She Is Stronger Than Them”
Have you ever completed a seemingly impossible task?
Do you remember the joy you felt at the point of completion? Well, take that and multiply it by 100.
That’s exactly how motherhood feels. You are stronger than you think.
17. “Motherhood is heart-exploding, blissful hysteria”
The next quote for you is one that describes one of the most prominent feelings in motherhood: Happiness.
As a mom, seeing your little one cross various developmental milestones would leave you feeling blissful, joyful, and accomplished.
Always remember this.
18. “This Mothering Role Will Teach You More About Yourself Than You Ever Expected”
Do you think you know all there is to know about yourself?
Here’s the fact: You don’t.
As a mom, your new role would teach you so much more about your strengths, limits, and abilities. Just hang in there, Mama.
You’d love the ride!
19. “A Mother’s Love Is Whole No Matter How Many Times It’s Divided”
Do you know you’re capable giving an infinite amount of love?
As a mom, your love is whole always. No matter how many kids you have or will have, you’re capable of loving all of them in a beautiful way.
20. “Mother: The Most Beautiful Word On The Lips Of Mankind”
And that’s a fact.
Finally, the last quote on our list is one that reminds you of how important you are. As a mom, a strong mom, you’re the most beautiful person on earth.
As you journey through motherhood, always remember that you’re strong, beautiful, and capable of everything that’s required of you.
A Final Note From Edie & Amy
In conclusion, we’re confident that this list of strong mom quotes would motivate you to be the best mom you can be to your kid(s). As you take this journey, remember to be kind to yourself and open your mind to learning new things every day.
Stay Strong, Mama!
You’re good enough for the job.