Yay! Another baby is on the way! You can barely contain your excitement and are already making a long list of things for your baby. Just like you did the first time, your plan is to create an Amazon baby registry for your second baby.
An amazon baby registry remains one of the best ways for mothers to track their baby shopping, go over gift ideas with loved ones, and maybe even get some items for themselves.
However, creating a second Amazon baby registry may not be as straightforward as the first. Unfortunately, the instructions on Amazon’s baby registry website are not of much help either.
On the bright side, we’ve got you covered. In this post, we have included an easy guide on 3 different ways to create a second Amazon baby registry.
Creating A Second Amazon Baby Registry
You can create a second Amazon baby registry in just a few steps. Before we get started on that, here are a few things to note:
- You should already have an active baby registry on Amazon
- You should be logged into your Amazon account
Now that we have cleared that out of the way, let’s get started on creating that second baby registry. You can do this in three simple ways:
Option One: Create an Active Registry and Archive Your Original Registry
The method involves creating a new “active” registry, while archiving your old one. Your old registration will be rendered inactive and inaccessible to the public after this is done. However, you would still be able to access and edit whenever you want to.
Additionally, if you have a prime Amazon membership, you can claim your free Amazon Baby Box with baby samples and coupons with your second registry.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get your second baby registry up and running:
- Visit the Amazon’s Baby Registry page.
- Select “Settings” from the top menu.
- Click “Create a new Baby Registry” at the bottom of the page.
- Input the relevant information for your second baby’s registration.
- Submit by clicking “Create my Baby Registry.”
This is a fantastic option if you are having a second baby and do no longer need any items from your old registry, or you just want to start over again.
Option Two: Update Your Old Registry
You can also choose to just update the registry you made for your first child rather than starting a new one. Follow these steps;
- Visit the Amazon’s Baby Registry page
- Click “Your Registry” at the top navigation
- Locate your list under the “Account and Lists” dropdown menu.
- Update your due date and start adding new items.
- Modify, add, and remove items from your list as you wish.
This option is great for you if you are completely done with your first registry and need a new list of items to work with. However, the caveat is you will not be eligible for another Amazon welcome box.
Option Three: Delete Your First Registry and Start Over
The last and most extreme option is to delete your old registry and start a fresh one. This is a great choice for you if yo do not need to access your original baby registry and want just one registry linked to your account.
Follow this steps to delete your original registry and create a new one:
- Visit the Amazon’s Baby Registry page.
- Click “Your Registry” at the top menu.
- Click “Delete your registry” at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Yes, delete my registry” in the box that pops up.
- Create your new registry.
However, this option is permanent and you will lose all unclaimed promotions or benefits including Diaper discount, Completion discount and Welcome Box.
What To Add To Your Amazon Baby Registry
Your second registry may look very different from the first, depending on the sex of your unborn child and the items you currently have at home.
However, there are a few necessities we recommend adding to your second registry and stockpiling. Some of these include:
- Organic onesies
- Packs of newborn diapers
- Little Remedies medicine essentials
- Pajamas or sleep n’ play outfits
- Convertible car seat
- Baby shampoo, wash and lotion
- Muslin burp cloths
- A small dimmable, portable light
- Baby wipes
- Burp cloths
- Crib or bassinet
- Nursing pads and nipple cream
- Post-birth care essentials for mom
And feel free to add items for yourself and your partner. Your baby deserves to be pampered, but so do you!